Is it just me or do you find yourself noticing different things more as you grow older?
These are things that would have gone unnoticed before but I pay attention to them now. I think it also has a whole lot to do with being a parent as well, but not completely. Here is my list of things I notice more now as I grow older. I hope you can relate.
- The weather is important to me now, I watch it like a hawk! And I have umbrellas stashed everywhere. If only I had paid attention to the forecast when I was younger it would have saved me some really bad hair days!
- World news, I stay on top of the news for the most part. I have to admit it is very depressing and sometimes makes me wonder what kind of world did I bring my children into. But I feel it is important for me to be aware of what is going on, good or bad.
- Other people’s kids, if I hear a baby cry I automatically look to see what is wrong. Or if someone says “Mom” my head turns immediately, it is second nature now.
- People leaving their children alone in stores or letting them walk alone outside when they look too young. I even notice when I see what looks like an abandoned bike. I worry that someone’s child was taken.
- The time is important to me now. I watch the clock all the time, there are schedules to keep and meetings to get to on time. I leave in enough time to get somewhere. When I was younger I only paid attention to the time something started not how long it would take me to get there.
- Age, I notice what age looks like on other women. Especially women my age or older, I look to see if my hands are aging the same as theirs or does my skin look the same, do we have the same lines on our face.
- I notice labels and I pay attention to where and how something was made. I want to know what is in the food I am eating or feeding to my children. I want to know where the things I buy are made. When I was younger I don’t remember caring about those things.
- Beauty in the scenery of life. I now notice beautiful sunrises, lovely cloud formations, the way the flowers bloom and wither in and out of the seasons. I see the beauty in the world and slow down to absorb it all.
- My inner voice, the one that speaks to me when I am about to do something really stupid or dangerous. I stop and listen to it now as it guides me in the right direction.
All of these things have come to me with age and some with maturity. I would love to hear about the things you notice more now as we grow older! Blessings!